Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Driving and Me.

Recently I began driving. I have had a license for a while now ( does that raise a few eyebrows??). Well I learnt driving years ago, just that I never had the time to practise which in other words translates to "some people wouldn't let me drive their car!!" So, you ask naturally, "What has brought about the change now?" Ofcourse you have presumed that I still do not own a car. You are right! Unfortunately I don't. As to the question you have asked, I seriously do not have a reasonable answer.

The place where I am staying currently is more of a small town. So, you find more of narrow lanes, unruly traffic and most importantly people who get scandalized  at the mere sight of a lady/girl/woman ..well any sort of female species driving! When I say unruly traffic, I am mostly trying to generalize things like...

1. Folks who believe they belong to the royal lineage, so naturally they need the entire road when they drive and ofcourse it hurts their sentiments if you overtake, so they just make sure you can't. Honking/No honking, they just don't care.

2. If you have watched the movie Kaante, you'll know what I am talking about. In othr words the human chain. I call it the Kaante style driving wherein you'll find a group of people holding hands and driving bikes ( well mostly bikes, heaven forbid if they start driving cars that way! No please God, Spare me!!)

3. People who feel the best place to chit chat is right in the middle of a road. So, when you honk at them, they give you the "What the hell!!" sort of a look.

4. Cows/Buffaloes munching the cud to glory on the road (obviously!).

5. Pedestrians, who as a rule cross the road when they see a car hurtling towards them at breakneck speed.

The list is never ending really. After reading this you are bound to ask " Is there any need to experiment my driving in the above mentioned scenarios?" I say "YES!". Where else do you think I'll have ample reason to give to the car owner when he asks me " What on earth have you done to my car??!!" :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that you somehow know the ABC of driving(read Accelerator,Brake and Clutch), you're taking the folks for a ride :D
A classic work of fiction.

Pallavi said...

Thanks!:)