Thursday, December 3, 2009

Bapa

That is how we ( my brother and me) address our Dad. The very presence of whom, melts all our problems away. For me, he has always been someone I have looked upto and tried to be.

I have fond memories of the time I have spent with Bapa, as a kid. How the mutton curry would always taste better when he would feed me. How the problems in math would make sense when he would solve it.

Bapa, would travel a lot, when we were young. I remember eagerly waiting for him to get back, so that I could complain to him about something or the other ( usually it was something about mom scolding me or a fight with my brother). I loved every bit of his attention.

I loved going to the airport to receive him. Back then Bhubaneswar had a very tiny airport. A small building with two floors ( yes! thats all!). I remember how I would scream with joy, the moment I would spot him alighting from the plane. After that I would wait expectantly, hoping for a surprise gift :)

Throughout the growing up years, Bapa has always been my pillar of strength. I don't know how, but just a " Everything will be fine " would put all my worries and apprehensions to rest. It still does.

Coming back to the present, this year would have been ten times more difficult without Bapa. I am at peace because I know he is there alongwith Mom and Suvi ofcourse. Thanks for everything Bapa! I wish you all the happiness in the world. Love you a lot!!

2 comments:

Sameera said...

:) sweet

punarbashu said...

Well said,Pallavi; but not fully.