Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I am still an optimist!

As you all might have known by now, 2009 was a hellish year for me. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Take my job for starters. Things went horribly out of hand. My career right now, is sooooo off track. I have no clue where I am heading to.

And whats with this human nature, I ask. Oh! someone please tell me! Tell me why is that when I want to be happy for my friends (who have hit jackpots in their professional lives) I feel this tinge (more than a mere tinge actually) of sadness. Am I jealous? That is the last thing I want to be!

I come across these inspirational articles in the paper/magazines every now and then. They talk about being postive and basically bring in positiviy in everything around you. Will someone please give me a practical demo? I mean how do you do it ? and how much can you do it? There is a limit to everything I suppose.

As I said earlier "Everything that could go wrong....". Well that "Everything" includes my health also. I fell very very ill. Pretty bad I must say. I am back to normal now (hopefully) after months of painful suffering. The worst part of it was to see people close to me having a hard time, all thanks to me!

I wonder, if I can now safely say that all that happened was a thing of the past. But anyway, taking a cue from those above mentioned articles I do want to believe that every dark cloud does have a silver lining. So right now I am just waiting for my stars to align and a miracle to happen. The miracle I am talking about is getting into my dream job! Now is it too much of positivity to bring in? ( or is it just wishful thinking??) I am an optimist after all!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry abt u,Pallavi. I didn't know that past year was hard for u. Did u watch the movie 3 Idiots? If not(by mistake),I strongly recommend u to do that. I can assure u that u'll be relaxed a little from ur career tensions. My suggestion is,Never let ur mind getting involved in Negative thoughts. If u feel that u r getting involved,make sure that u r not alone for prolonged periods of time(bcoz such negative thoughts are likely to occur mostly when we talk to ourselves rather than others). Hope u succeed in ur career. Wish u all Gud Luck....

Pallavi said...

Thankyou Satheesh!

I did watch 3 idiots. Loved it!
Blogrolling you as well!

Luina said...

Hey ,I would'nt call it jealousy at all.Its just human nature. Especially because your life spun out of control for sometime.It happens to all. Sooner or later we all go through the rock bottom phase. Yours is over.But you know what tough time don't last forever .Well, dream job...no such thing honey...there will be frustration and stagnationa fter a while .Just get a job and keep the paycheck rolling Girl !!
I am so angry & frustrated with my work that I am a B- - - - H.
Take care.

Sameera said...

i guess the best way to look over last year for u would be to understand that u have faced the worst and come out of it, stronger :)

i know the new year would be better in every way now for u!
all the best for ur dream job. though i also agree thats there no such thing as a dream job, u give more u get more.... just some complex equations...depending on how much ur willing to give, u get :)

not in our present company tho ;)
no one has been able to understand those equations yet :D

Pallavi said...

@luina nani: I know what you are talking about. But still, I want it!!!

@Sam: I hope that DAY comes soon, when we are no longer part of the present company.