Tuesday, March 9, 2010

This and that..

I got a lappy way back in 2007, but its only been a mere handful number of times that I have used it. Seriously! Some engineer I am huh?? Frankly I have never been an extremely tech savvy person. I am not a net addict either. That also explains why I am so regular at blogging! But tell me after spending an insane amount of time in front of a pc at office, why should I come back and do that all over again, when I am not even being paid for it!

I am more of a chip from the old block. Give me a notebook and a pen and it feels like heaven ( Na..not even a type writer for me…..yes!! I am that old!) Throw me in a book store, (sometimes even a stationary store will do) and it feels like bliss :). Sometimes I think I was a librarian in my past birth, considering my love for books and being surrounded by them. Maybe the next season of ‘Raaz Pichle Janam Ka’ might have me confirming that.

Talking about books, I am currently reading ‘In cold blood’ by Truman Capote. I had seen the movie Capote earlier, but I think the book is more interesting. I know the movie wasn’t based on the book, so there can’t be any comparison. ‘Uncle Dynamite’ was the book I was reading before ‘In Cold Blood’. A typical Wodehouse story. I loved it ! I don’t think I can ever get tired of his books. I think I need to search for a decent library now, because the rate at which I am collecting books I shall soon run out of space :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah u r right. Just as-Like poles repel each other and unlike poles attract, most of the IT professionals don't prefer to use Internet for a long time when at home. But me!!! Frankly-speaking,I'm somewhat addicted to Internet. Probably,I may be getting the need to consult a Psychiatrist in the near future. Thank God,I was away at my native place,Madurai for the last 20 days(where I had no access to Internet). Simultaneously,on the other side,I'm happy to visit all my fellow blogs after three weeks gap. Seems like I've become somewhat lazy in these 20 days. Huhhhh no problem...I guess I can pick up soon.

Sameera said...

hey uncle dyanmite was cool, u should actually lend ur books to a friend who is gonna be jobless soon :)